My photo
Welcome! This blog was created so that I could share my love of hobbies and ideas for good living.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Organizing 101

This weekend I started organizing the laundry room again and decided it was time to clean out the freezer. We had started using the food on the top only and just adding more food after each grocery shop. So since it is garbage pick up early in the week I decided that Sunday would be the best day to start this task and I am embarrassed to say I ended up with two garbage bags filled of food that was not fit for consumption.....such a waste of money. I did have a good helper today-my dear son helped me clear the ice build-up and to pick up the hundred + popsicles. He surprised me with how helpful and strong he is getting.The line of today from my son was "bring me a chisel"!! This is what happens when you don't know what is at the bottom of your freezer and you have a son that loves popsicles but is not good at closing boxes. This is not even all of them! with recycling bins, they fit perfectly and are easy to remove with the handles. I had wire baskets on the bottom of the freezer that I had forgotten about and did not serve too much of a purpose. The bottom three bins have chicken, pork and beef and the top has fruit. I need two more for veges and seafood but the kids will have to eat all the popsicle first so I can fit them in. The packaged food fits nicely in the spaces and the bread and juice cans on the side shelf and basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment