My photo
Welcome! This blog was created so that I could share my love of hobbies and ideas for good living.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year Downunder!

Happy New Year to all my friends and family in New Zealand, Australia and the general South Pacific region who have already rang in the new year and to all my Northern Hemisphere peeps who will be celebrating the New Year tonight and tomorrow. Tonight here in Canada we are following our annual tradition of trying out a new restaurant from a different culture and then a movie. This year we are eating at Che Resto Bar for some Latin American cuisine followed by a trip to Middle Earth in the "Desolation of Smaug". Hopefully everyone is in tip top condition tonight because it has been touch and go with stomach ailments and cold symptoms over the past couple of days.Nothing like Cerviche on a upset tummy to push you over the edge. On a brighter note, I have signed up for yet another Craftsy class but surprise, surprise it is not a cake design class although I do need alot more practice my dear husband has requested I learn something a little less fattening this year. So, I have decided to revisit my crocheting skills hoping that it will be a little easier on my hands then knitting is. Over the years I have made a couple of afghans but have never started one on my own-always had help from my Nana to start them. I also have several bags filled with granny squares that my Nana has crocheted that need to be sewed or attached somehow so I am hoping that this course will help me do that.Not only will I be updating my skills but I will be cleaning out my closet! Stay tuned for the first creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment